It seems, relaxing in the sand is not something fun if there are a lot of sand fleas, you will definitely get a lot of sand fleas bites when you go home. In this article, we will discuss how to get rid of sand fleas easily and make you able to relax in the sand again.
Will your vacation fall apart because of the annoying sand fleas?
How do you get rid of sand fleas and prevent them from biting?
If you are looking for ways to eradicate and get rid of sand fleas, you are in the right place. We not only discuss plant problems and how to grow them, but include how to eradicate fleas and various plant diseases including how to make fruit fly traps. On this occasion, we will talk about: What are sand fleas, the effects of sand fleas bites, tips for preventing sand fleas bites and how to get rid of sand fleas.
What are Sand Fleas?
Sand fleas are fleas that live in the sand. If you feel itchy after playing sand for a short time with children at the beach or other places, this can be an indication that you have been bitten by hundreds of sand fleas.
Ok, then what exactly is sand fleas?
Actually, despite the name “fleas”, this is not a flea but it is a small creature that lives on the beach and belongs to a species of crustaceans.
Not only do sand fleas live in sandy places, but they can also live in swamps or in deserts. But remember, these sand fleas if you are careful, they can easily move from their habitat to your home and even to your bed.
Do sand fleas bite humans?
Sand fleas are parasites in nature and they suck blood like fleas on human heads. So, they bite humans as we explained above.
These little crustaceans are very active on the beach at night or at dawn. So, if you like walking on the beach at night, you might be a victim of the bite of a small creature called “sand fleas”. Likewise if you have the habit of looking for shells at night, under the bright moonlight, you can also be a victim to these animals.
There are two basic reasons why sand fleas bite humans: What is that?
1. Appetite for those who want to suck fresh blood.
Just like mosquitoes and other blood-sucking fleas, these creatures have special substances that can prevent blood clots so that they can easily suck the blood of their prey.
When the sand flea bites its host, the skin of the host (human or other animal) will experience bumps and red, like when you are bitten by a mosquito.
2. Sand fleas bites can also occur because female fleas consider our skin as a place to live for the next.
This case feels strange, female sand fleas will dig and hide themselves under human skin because they want to lay eggs. The effect, itching appears, swelling and black spots in the middle. Bite with a purpose like this is more dangerous and can cause infection.
Many crustaceans bite cases occur in all parts of the body, so you have to be careful with these small animal bites. Sand fleas can jump up to 40 cm from the ground.
What is the effect of sand fleas bites?
Well, if you fall prey to crustaceans, then you will see lots of spots due to their bites. Usually they bite in groups so that the bite marks will appear a lot. The effects of sand fleas bites are very disturbing, painful. Even worse, these creature bites can cause serious allergic reactions.
People who are sensitive to insect bites will feel very painful with these sand fleas bites. Among the forms of allergies that occur due to sandbite bites are difficulty breathing, chest pain to nausea and dizziness.
If you are dealing with female sand fleas, then the condition will be more pathetic. You could have a fever because of an infection that appears. Experts say that the female bite can cause prey to experience tungiasis.
How to Treat Sand Flea Bite?
If you are a victim, what should you do and how to treat this sandbite bite?
The itching that arises is very pronounced and it is almost impossible for you to bear separately from scratching it.
Scratching is not very good, this can cause injury and cause infection. So hold it as you can. To overcome this itching, you can use lotions and creams that are specially made to eliminate the agatal race. This product is made from calamine and hydrocortisone which are proven to be able to eliminate itching.
But if you don’t find cream like this, you can use baking powder. If you see a lot of red spots on the skin, maybe you need immediate medical treatment.
How to Prevent Sand Flea Bites?
How to prevent sandbite bites, we already know that the bite is very itchy, it can even cause serious allergies to infections. Of course, given the large bad effects, then we must find a solution to overcome sandbite bites.
Here are some effective tips on how to prevent sandbite bites, let’s look at each one:
- Avoid playing on the beach in the afternoon and morning, this time is their active time at the beach
- When walking on the beach you should use beach shoes or closed boat shoes for protection.
- Apply DEET based repellents, this serves as a primary prevention against head fleas, use on your feet, ankles, and legs all over your feet.
- If you want to lie on the beach, use a beach chair instead of lying directly on the sand.
- Do not visit the beach directly after rain, because the cold conditions make crustaceans increasingly interested in hunting the blood of their prey. When the weather is cold they are very aggressive looking for prey to get fresh blood.
How To Get Rid of Sand Fleas?
In some cases, sometimes we only need to use antidotes, these parasites sometimes follow you home.
So, there are other ways you can get rid of this evil guest. Here are some things you can do to resolve this problem:
- Identify; Try to identify which parts of the house are infected with sand fleas, whether in your carpet, chair, sofa, living room, bedroom or yard.
- Close all gaps; All gaps can cause them to come in more and enter the house, seal all the holes that make it possible.
- Treat; Sprinkle salt on the place where they are breeding. Leave the salt for a day until the sand fleas dehydrates and dies.
- Clean Up; Use a variety of cleaning tools, clean the floor, household furniture, carpets, furniture, and crevices of the house.
- Consider Pets; if you choose pets like cats or dogs, you should check with a doctor, this is to keep them away from sand fleas.
- Prevent; The last step is, sprinkle diatomaceous earth in your garden, in the yard and in your home garden.