Best Hand Shovels – Gardening is a complicated thing that can only be done by those who like and make it a hobby. It’s not just about sowing seeds or applying fertilizer, it’s much more than that. Gardening is also related to how to dig the soil, move plants or replace fertilizers on plants and much more. But it provides many benefits, not only crop yields but also better body health. If you want to start gardening well, the first thing you must have is a shovel and how to play a shovel well.
The best shovel you can choose is a multi-functional shovel, not only for digging soil, but also for many gardening activities. For example weeding, or doing transplants and others. Using the best shovel will prevent you from hurting your wrist, prevent bruising, compact and easy to use making it suitable for beginners.
So, you need to have a reliable and quality shovel to do many things in your garden. So, we’ve scoured the many types of shovels to find the best among them. It can really help you find the shovel you want according to your needs.
Best Hand Shovels Buying Guide
Before starting to buy a hand shovel, pay attention to the guidelines so that you get a shovel that suits your needs and is of good quality for various purposes of working in the garden. So, buying a hand shovel is not easy, because we have to pay attention to many things, so it is necessary to consider these points first so that it is easy for you to get the shovel you want.
What are the important factors you should look at in choosing a hand shovel for gardening?
1. Types Of Blade
Pay attention to the type of knife, there are many types of knives available, there are traditional blades, dixter, transplanting blades, and ladle blades. Each blade is designed for gardening to complete various jobs in the garden. Of course you have to know everything so that your choice is right.
- The traditional knife is large, the edges are curved, and it is designed for garden work
- The transplant knife, with a pointed tip, is very efficient at removing various types of weeds from the garden
- A dexter knife, the tip is long, round and it’s perfect for transplanting small plants into new pots
- A small spoon knife, with a rounded tip, this is specially designed for scooping soil or digging planting holes.
2. Design Of Shovel
The design also needs to be considered, if the shovel only has one part then it will usually last a long time. So the design determines its age. A shovel with a separate blade with a handle attached to a screw, it has a higher chance of breaking quickly, so it’s better to have a trowel with a one-piece design.
When you plan to buy gardening tools such as a shovel, then pay attention to see the material for making the shovel. Material plays an important role, if a hand shovel, then the blade must be aluminum or carbon material. But there are also producers who use materials such as stainless steel.
No one likes to have their hands bruised or sore while working in the garden. One way is to choose a good shovel, a shovel with a good grip can be your alternative.
Look for a shovel with good grip. Usually the trowel has a gel grip, ergonomics, finger grooves, making it comfortable in the wrist and easy to do heavy work.
Also pay attention to the weight when you are looking for your favorite shovel. If your shovel weighs 500, of course it will be difficult for you to do heavy work.
Look for light ones because these are good at completing your task. But also pay attention to the contents of your pocket, if you don’t have enough budget, you can buy a more affordable price.
You certainly don’t want to spend a lot of fencing just to buy a shovel. So also pay attention to whether the quality is in accordance with the budget or not.
A good hand shovel will be the best part of starting gardening. Lightweight and easy to use and durable. Hopefully the hand shovel that we have reviewed can provide benefits and can be one of your choices in gardening.
Our Picks Of The Best Hand Shovel in 2021
1. Garden Guru Hand Shovel – Best Overall
The Garden Guru trowel is a multi-functional shovel and your best choice in gardening. This shovel can be used for weeding, digging, grafting, and much more. This tool blade is made of steel, anti-rust coating, which can increase its strength and durability.
Not only that, the Garden Guru Hand Shovel is also equipped with a handle made of rubber so it’s easy to grip and it also has a handle hole that makes it easy for you to store it, you can hang it anywhere. The blade of the shovel is also concave so this will make it easier for you to dig, graft, and the tool provides a lifetime warranty, so you can claim a refund if you find this product unsatisfactory.
- The knife is made of stainless steel, soft and comfortable to grip
- Has an ergonomic handle, made of soft rubber
- The handle has a hole for easy storage
- The blade is 5.5 inches long making it perfect for digging
- Knives can bend if pressed with high pressure
2. CFCT Hand Shovel – Runner Up
There is also another great choice of shovel, this is the CFCT Hand Shovel. If you are a professional in gardening then this shovel is very useful for you. CFCT Hand Shovel is made with aluminum material, this will make it strong, light, and easy to use.
This is a one-piece shovel without the use of screws and collars, so it won’t bend or break.
The CFCT Hand Shovel also makes it easier for you in many gardening activities, you can use it for indoor and outdoor plants. The handle is soft, and it’s made of rubber which is comfortable to hold. Indeed the price is a little higher but the quality of the shovel can make you satisfied.
- One-piece shovel without screws or collars so it won’t bend
- Made with aluminum so it has strong strength and durability
- The shovel is light and easy to use
- The blade is large radians, can serve as a scooper or transplanter.
- The price is expensive for some people
3. Edward Tools Hand Shovel – Honorable Mention
If you just want to become a professional gardener and still have a lot of practice, then you can use the Edward Tools Hand Shovel. This is a shovel made of carbon steel, heavy and durable. Moreover, the price is affordable and does not drain your pocket.
The best thing about this shovel is that it has a grading blade, so you can know the depth when digging, sucking fertilizer, and much more. The blade is also coated with anti-rust material so it is not easily damaged. The Edward Tools Hand Shovel also has an ergonomic handle and it offers strong leverage making it easy to lift stones and other materials.
- The blade is carbon steel and this certainly increases strength
- Ergonomic handle, easy to lift stones or gravel
- There is a gradation mark for better measurements
- This hand shovel is great for beginners
- The blades are not designed to be used for working under high pressure conditions.
Mr. The Pen Hand Shovel is a shovel from Mr. This pen is not only sturdy and durable but also easy to put in your pocket. Made of stainless steel with a rust-resistant cover so it is stronger and more durable. The handle is also made with fine textured rubber to give you a comfortable grip and doesn’t hurt your hands.
Mr. The Pen Hand Shovel is built and designed to do all kinds of jobs including scooping, weeding, transplanting and much more. So it can facilitate your business in completing garden tasks. It’s less powerful than other tools, but it’s the best choice for learning gardening skills.
- Concave blade design, good for deep digging and provide a good experience for gardening
- The shovel is made of stainless steel, it also makes the shovel stronger
- The price is affordable and good for starting gardening
- Good handle made of quality rubber
- Some people question its durability, and they think it’s not strong.